Access Statement for Rosemead Guest House
Please find below our Access Statement. If you would prefer to download a PDF (43k) please click here.
Rosemead Guest House is a 6-bedroom guest house built during the Edwardian period. The house
has been used as guest accommodation for more than 30 years, providing accommodation for
travellers coming in and going out of Gatwick Airport as well as for business people working in the
All bedrooms are on the first floor (up one flight of stairs). There are 17 steps in total with a
hand rail to the left.
• Mobile Phone number available for text-phone: 07785-978731.
• Fax & e-mail available
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a tarmac car park immediately outside the front of the building with 7 spaces in total.
• Parking space can be reserved if required.
• Rear access to vehicles once parked available
• There are no speed bumps/traffic calming measures or barriers in car park
• Telephone number displayed on guest house sign at the front gate
• There is a doorbell on the front door
• Short walk, flat surface to front door from car park
• Large pir security light in car park
• There are 2 steps from the car park to the front door
• Dog bowls can be provided if required
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• No alternative entrance to guest house as back door leads to private accommodation
• 17 steps from front hall to bedrooms - carpet fixed on each stair
• Hand rail on left side of stairs
• No music playing in reception/front hall
• Pad/pen available if required
• Bright lighting in front hall/reception and outside front door
• Additional room keys available
• Seating available in front hall/reception
• Front hall/reception is a small area but additional space in dining area available at check-in time is available as meals are not served in the evening.
• Bedding, water bowls, and dog walking available as proprietor is a dog owner
• There is no lift available to first floor bedrooms
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• There are 2 levels in the house - ground floor with front hall/reception and breakfast room and first floor with 6 guest bedrooms
• All floors are carpeted with fitted carpets. There are 17 steps up to guest bedrooms and there is one handrail to the left of the stairs and the steps are uniform 25cm wide and 15 cm high
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• There is a payphone in the front hall with a seat beside it. Assitance can be provided
• Televisions all have teletext
• Assistance with dog walking available as well as maps of the local area where dog walking can take place
• There is no public w.c. available in the building but proprietor's own private facilities on the
ground floor can be used in an emergency
Restaurant / Dining Room
• Breakfast room available for self-service breakfast anytime before 07.30. Refrigerator with milk, fruit juices, yoghurts, fruit compotes is available self-service.
• There are 5 tables in the breakfast room to seat a variety of parties. Tables are mixed in types; some have extensions, others are fixed
• Chairs are standard height and size
• Breakfast menus available offering full English or vegetarian alternative. Other dietary requirements can be catered for with prior notice
• Cereals, juices etc available from the buffet self-service, but these can be served to the table if
required. Hot drinks, toast and cooked breakfast is waitress service.
• Proprietor's private bathroom facilities on the ground floor can be used in an emergency - there
is one small step inside the bathroom by the toilet
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• All bed in guest rooms are normal height
• There is a fire alarm on the first floor landing and guest can be alerted if required
• All televisions have remote control and teletext
• All bedrooms have fitted carpets. Room 2 (twin room) has a floor rug
• Bedrooms have a combination of beds - some doubles, some singles and one bunk bed, some divan beds
• Room 2 (a twin room) has a thick floor rug in the middle of the room.
• All bedrooms have level access inside rooms
• All bedrooms have a hot drinks tray with a selection of teas, coffees and hot chocolate. Kettles are cordless and have level indicators. Water in bedrooms is mains water and suitable for drinking
• All rooms have overhead lighting and bedside lighting
• Digital alarm clocks available with loud and normal settings
• Provisions for dogs available as proprietor has dogs
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• 5 bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms. One single bedroom has a private bathroom across the corridor with access via room key.
• Some shower rooms are carpeted and others have a laminated floor
• Some shower rooms have a plastic seat to sit down in the shower
• Most showers are step in - only a lip for the shower door. Others have a little step up
• Room 4 (single room with private bathroom) has a bath with a shower mixer tap
Grounds and Gardens
• Whilst the garden is in the proprietors private area, guests are welcome to use the facility. Access to it is level across tarmac. There is a garden bench as well as plastic seating.
• In case of fire notices pinned to the back of each bedroom door clearly stating the procedure in the event of a fire.
• Fire staff training takes place regularly
• This guest house is a totally non-smoking house. Guests are requested to smoke outside the premises.
• Medication can be stored in a refrigerator if required
• Emergency call buttons displayed upstairs and down. These are pointed out to guest on check in
• Proprietor lives on the premises and can be reached by the call button
Rosemead Guest House
19 Church Road
Telephone: 01293 784965 / Fax: 01293 430547
Email: Please use our Contact Form to email us
Hours of operation: Check-in from 16.00. Check-out by 10.00
Local accessible taxi numbers: Carline - 01293 430430 / DSM A2B - 01293 820820
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please
phone 01293 784965 or email us by using our Contact Form.